One of the Most Popular Hybrid Hyundai Models is Now Available
If you are in the market for a more earth-friendly sedan with all the bells and whistles, look no further than the 2019 Hyundai IONIQ Hybrid. Available with a choice of three powertrains (only two available in Canada) and four trim levels, the Hyundai IONIQ that is now available at Rexdale Hyundai offers an inexpensive alternative for green car shoppers on a budget.
A Different Kind of Power
Despite being one of the most fuel-efficient vehicles on the road today, the all-new Hyundai IONIQ is still fun to drive. The hybrid model is powered by a 1.6-liter inline-4 that is partnered with a 32 kw electric motor that makes use of regenerative braking and a 1.56 kwh battery, which produces 104 HP and 109 lb.-ft. of torque.
The IONIQ plug-in hybrid model also uses a 1.6-liter inline-4, which is paired with a 45 kw electric motor, to provides up 104 hp and 109 lb.-ft. of torque. This engine is designed to maximize fuel energy use and has been tuned up by a hybrid system. This powertrain is completed by a 6-speed automatic transmission. On pure electric power, this plug-in hybrid can travel up to 47 kilometers.
These two hybrid models receive multi-link rear suspension, which offers a lower center of gravity, thanks to its battery placement.
What would a hybrid vehicle be without offering serious fuel savings? Thanks to combining with an electric motor, the hybrid model offers 4.13 liters per 100 km city and 3.99 liters per 100 km highway. The Plug-in Hybrid, which uses the same gasoline powertrain as the Hybrid, but bumps the power of the electric motor to 60 HP and 125 lb.-ft. of torque, also offers up to 8.11 liters per 100 km on straight electricity
More Stylish Hatchback
The 2019 IONIQ maintains a familiar sedan shape that some say looks much like the Hyundai Elantra, which this vehicle shares the same underpinnings with, but there is still no mistaking the IONIQ on a design standpoint.
This stylish sedan hatchback offers exterior lines that sweep neatly upward from front to back. These styling cues not only accommodate the larger cargo area but help reduce wind resistance and drag. The IONIQ’s interior is also where the magic happens. Hyundai avoided stuffing in much of the futuristic fluff that its competitors have so strongly embraced, and the result is a super high-tech car that feels normal and familiar to drive. The shift and parking-brake levers have also been replaced with a set of buttons and controls for the interactive display.
Greener Than Most
The Hyundai IONIQ Hybrid is also greener than most thanks to Hyundai’s recycled and sustainable materials for the interior, including a plastic composite made from powdered wood and volcanic stone.
Check Out Hyundai’s Green Machine
If you are ready to check out Hyundai’s newest green machine today, get to Rexdale Hyundai - our new Hyundai showroom to find out just how cool this one of a kind Hyundai sedan hatchback really is.
- 2019 Hyundai Tucson vs 2019 Nissan Rogue
- 2019 Hyundai Kona vs The Competition
- 2019 Hyundai Elantra for Sale in Toronto
- 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe for Sale in Toronto
- 2019 Hyundai Accent for Sale in Toronto
- What’s Better for Toronto Winters: Winter Tires or All Season Tires?
- 2019 Hyundai Kona vs 2019 Mazda CX-3
- 2019 Hyundai Kona Available in Toronto
- 2019 Hyundai Elantra vs 2019 Hyundai Accent
- One of the Most Popular Hybrid Hyundai Models is Now Available
- The 2019 Hyundai Veloster is Now Available in Toronto!
- Should you Choose the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe or the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe?
- Compare 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT with the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
- Check Out the Hyundai Kona EV
- How to Pronounce Hyundai?
- The All-New 2019 Hyundai Veloster Offers Increased Power, Better Handling, and More Interior Room