Check Out the Hyundai Kona EV
Every year Hyundai seems to up its game, and 2019 will be no different. At Rexdale Hyundai, we are extremely excited to give our customers a first look at the innovative 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric SUV. The all-new Kona electric will be Canada's first 400 km+ range subcompact SUV, so as you can imagine the sales team at Rexdale Hyundai is beyond excited to see it hit the showroom floor. At this point, Hyundai is aiming for a late-2018 release, but they are taking pre-orders that include a $1,000 deposit. Because demand will be great for this cutting-edge EV, we thought it would a great time to share with you all we know so far about the 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric SUV.
As we've already mentioned, the real key to Hyundai Kona Electric is its impressive range. While final testing is still pending, they are hoping this SUV will travel up to 400km on a single charge. This impressive distance is possible thanks to a powerful 64kWh battery that puts out 201 horsepower and 291 lb.-ft. of torque. Some of the other performance features include a button-type shift-by-wire, independent Front suspension, multilink rear suspension, regenerative brake system, Hillstart assist, and an electronic parking brake with Automatic Vehicle Hold. There is an available EV fast charger as well as a battery temperature management system to keep your battery in top shape at all times.
As Hyundai is breaking performance ground with Hyundai Kona Electric, they made sure to keep this EV as safe as possible with a whole host of the latest safety features including:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Driver Attention Warning
- Blind Spot Collision Warning with Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning
- Six airbags
- Rearview camera
Connectivity and Interior Luxury
While we haven't personally experienced the interior of the 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric, from what we've read, drivers and passengers will be impressed. When it comes to technology, this EV should have an 8-inch touch-screen navigation system with EV Technology Display, 2V power outlet, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, BlueLink connected car system, Head-up Display, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, and a wireless charging pad. If that is not enough multimedia for you, there will also be an available Infinity® Premium Audio with Clari-fi Music Restoration Technology system that will include eight speakers.
To keep everyone comfortable, the pre-release specs include a bevy of luxury touches that will put the Hyundai Kona EV in a class by it self. You can look forward to interior features such as:
- Leather seating surfaces
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Power driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Soft-touch door-trim material
- 60/40 split fold-down & fold-flat rear seatback
- Automatic temperature control (single zone) with auto defogger
How Rexdale Hyundai Can Help
Since it is quite clear that there won't be enough 2019 Hyundai Kona SUVs to go around, getting a pre-order in ASAP is critical. Thankfully, the sales experts at Rexdale Hyundai can help you grab one today. All you need to do is contact us today and we'll take you through the process. As we get more info about the exact release date, we'll make sure to share it with you, so keep checking back!
- 2019 Hyundai Tucson vs 2019 Nissan Rogue
- 2019 Hyundai Kona vs The Competition
- 2019 Hyundai Elantra for Sale in Toronto
- 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe for Sale in Toronto
- 2019 Hyundai Accent for Sale in Toronto
- What’s Better for Toronto Winters: Winter Tires or All Season Tires?
- 2019 Hyundai Kona vs 2019 Mazda CX-3
- 2019 Hyundai Kona Available in Toronto
- 2019 Hyundai Elantra vs 2019 Hyundai Accent
- One of the Most Popular Hybrid Hyundai Models is Now Available
- The 2019 Hyundai Veloster is Now Available in Toronto!
- Should you Choose the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe or the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe?
- Compare 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT with the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
- Check Out the Hyundai Kona EV
- How to Pronounce Hyundai?
- The All-New 2019 Hyundai Veloster Offers Increased Power, Better Handling, and More Interior Room